Δεκέμβριος 5, 2008

In the wrong part of the graph

Posted in Άνεμοι κ Ύδατα στις 8:17 μμ από perissos

I am on my way to the hospital (again) , to check on my uncle. Only this time, i am not sure whether I want to find him awake or sleeping.
This afternoon I learnt more details about the operation. Once they opened him to remove the tumor, they discovered that there were multiple little tumors, idden from the radioscopes. And this is definitely not gooD! My uncle doesn’t know it, yet. Neither does my aunt.
I keep reading about this sh!t on the net. Technical information, cure deescriptions, prevention measures. And statistics, plenty of stats. 90% of the early prognosis’ have a life expectancy of up to 5y, 40% of 2nd-time infections do not make it, 1st degree relatives have 2-3 times more chances to be infected, 60% of incidents concern the sigmoid part of the colon, numbers, facts, figures, epidemics analysis.
My uncle started weeping when he saw my mother yesterday.
Who wants to be in the wrong part of the graph?

I wonder if I should let this thing get me down. Why should these news make us cry? This fact still existed 3 days ago. Does knowing make a difference? Is it just the sight of our beloved ones in bed? Is it the realization of our own mortality? Do we just want for our people to look healthy so as to be deceived?
Isn’t another day on this earth reason enough to feel joyous? I think it is. It should be! It must be! That’s all we have…

Advertisements

Σχολιάστε

Εισάγετε τα παρακάτω στοιχεία ή επιλέξτε ένα εικονίδιο για να συνδεθείτε:

Λογότυπο WordPress.com

Σχολιάζετε χρησιμοποιώντας τον λογαριασμό WordPress.com. Αποσύνδεση / Αλλαγή )

Φωτογραφία Twitter

Σχολιάζετε χρησιμοποιώντας τον λογαριασμό Twitter. Αποσύνδεση / Αλλαγή )

Φωτογραφία Facebook

Σχολιάζετε χρησιμοποιώντας τον λογαριασμό Facebook. Αποσύνδεση / Αλλαγή )

Φωτογραφία Google+

Σχολιάζετε χρησιμοποιώντας τον λογαριασμό Google+. Αποσύνδεση / Αλλαγή )

Σύνδεση με %s

Αρέσει σε %d bloggers: